1. We need to exercise self-control.
Think clearly and exercise self-control.
1 Peter 1:13
2. Self-discipline is a gift of God.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear bit of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7
3. Lack of self control brings despair.
A man without self-control is like a city broken into and left without walls.
4. One who is self controlled is wise; a fool has none.
A fool gives full vent to his spirit, but a wise man quietly holds it back.
5. Be self controlled in your talking; control your tongue.
A gossip goes around telling secrets, so don’t hang around with chatterers.
6. Self Control is a fruit of the Spirit.
But the fruit of the Spirit is… gentleness, self-control.
7. We must put a deep effort to have self control.
For this very reason, make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness.
2 Peter 1:5-6
8. God trains us to exercise self control.
For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age.
9. Be motivated by Christ’s redeeming love.
… while we wait for the blessed hope- the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Jesus Christ, who gave himself for us to redeem us from all wickedness and to purify for himself a people that are his very own, eager to do what is good.
10. Stand firm and don’t be easily moved by others.
My dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58
PRAYER FOR SELF CONTROL
Lord give me the gift of self control. For it is written in 2 Timothy 1:7 For God gave us not a spirit of fear but of power and love and self-control. Let no temptation over rule me. Holy Spirit help me to walk not in the flesh, but in the spirit. Thank you Jesus for being my friend and for hearing my prayer. Amen.