1. The wise are not easily angered.
People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.
2. Anger produces unrighteousness.
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness that God requires.
3. Harsh words stir up anger.
A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger.
4. Do not associate with a hot-tempered person.
Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered, or you may learn their ways and get yourself ensnared.
5. Do not go to sleep angry, giving the devil a foothold over you.
“In your anger do not sin”: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry.